Ikkaku (一鶴)

***** (rating 4/5)
Takamatsu Branch
4-11 Kajiyamachi, Takamatsu, Kagawa, Japan
Phone: 087-823-3711
www.ikkaku.co.jp

It was my first visit to the city of Takamatsu, the capital of Kagawa prefecture in Japan.  It was around lunch time and I decided to try this famous barbecue chicken restaurant.  The restaurant was originated from Marugame city of Kagawa prefecture, and it has been around since 1952. Their speciality is barbecue chicken, with some special spices.  






I decided to order Hinadori (BBQ chick) together with some chicken rice, and Hinadori tasted so good.  I simply loved it! Their soup wasn't bad, and their chicken rice was fairly good.  


Since it was very nice, I decided to buy some takeaways, and later on tried Oyadori (BBQ chicken) at home.  I realised that Oyadori was much tougher and I preferred Hinadori to Oyadori, although, I understand that those who "know" how to eat their chicken tend to order Oyadori.  

Upon my next visit to Takamatsu, I am sure I will revisit this place.

Premium Alcohol Free Beer; 300 yen
Hinadori (BBQ Chick): 870 yen
Tori Meshi (Chicken Rice): 450 yen
Take away Oyadori (BBQ Chicken): 980 yen
Take away Hinadori (BBQ Chick): 870 yen


 
View The Ultimate Subjective Guide in a larger map


Comments

Popular Posts