Sushi Kyotatsu (すし京辰)

***** (rating 3/5)
No.3 Satellite, 3rd Floor, Terminal 1, Tokyo International Airport (Narita Airport) , Japan
Business Hours: 09:00 - 20:30
Phone: 0476 32 1777


Sushi Kyotatsu is a sushi restaurant in Narita Airport Terminal 1, around gate 40. I guess this is the only sushi restaurant after the passport control in Terminal 1. I have been to this place for a number of times, and I always order "Omakase Nigiri" and "Arajiru".

Omakase, means "leave it to the chef", and Nigiri means hand-shaped sushi. It is basically a Sushi set (a number of sushis on a plate), and amongst sushi set they have, this is the most expensive one, but what you get are good. I always visit this restaurant as I want to have the last sushi before leaving Japan, and when having sushi in such occasion, I want good sushi. Their Omakase is good eough.

I then usually order Arajiru. Arajiru is a small bowl of miso soup that has some portion of fish meat and bone (ara) in it. This fish gives fish taste to the soup, and of course you can eat the meat. This really goes well with sushi.

All sounds good so far, but there is one thing that disappoints me. That is the Japanese tea they serve. I filled in their customer feedback form to tell them that they should change their tea as the quality wasn't good and this didn't go well sushi. So far they have not changed their tea...

Omakase nigiri costs 3,800 yen and Arajiru costs 300 yen (which is cheap I think). The total price will be 4,305 yen (somehow they manage to charge tax even though it is after the passport control). It is a little pricey but if you look around, lots of other sushi restaurants charge around this price for a quality sushi set.

Well, I will definitely come back to this restaurant next time I visit Japan. By that time, I hope they will have changed their tea...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Moichi,

Thanks for the review. I drop by this sushi joint every time I pass through Narita on *Alliance - which is twice a year. It's good quality stuff, albeit expensive. Try Kirin or Sapporo instead of tea. Or sake prior to a red-eye.

Andrew

Popular Posts