Menya Fuji (麺屋藤)

***** (rating 3/5)
Phone: 0884-62-0599
Operating Hours (weekdays): 11:00 - 14:30, 17:00 - 20:00 (closed once sold out)
Operating Hours (weekends): 11:00 - 20:00 (closed once sold out)

This was my second visit to this ramen (Japanese noodles soup dish) eatery.  The restaurant is located at the middle of nowhere in Tokushima prefecture (see the map and address at the bottom of this article). It was an hour and a half hour drive from the centre of Tokushima city, and if you do not intentionally chose the roads, you have to go through very narrow roads from time to time (my sat-nav guided me through that kind of roads).  For some reason, lots of people come to this restaurant despite its remote location.  I can see cars and motorbikes from other prefectures than Tokushima at their car park.  



And here is the ramen they serve.  I ordered "shoyu" ramen or soy sauce ramen. Although their customers and they themselves claim that this is Tokyo ramen, I who is from Tokyo felt that this isn't really Tokyo ramen.  I did not taste stocks  (from seafood and sometimes from chicken and vegetables) I usually taste when eating real Tokyo ramen.  I tasted soy sauce without the taste of the stocks.  Though, their ramen wasn't too bad and that was why I visited the restaurant more than once.


Well, it was a nice weekend drive to the restaurant and I guess I will do that again.  

Comments

Popular Posts