Ate Nikomi Sakana (あて 煮込 肴)

***** (rating 4/5)
Phone: 03-3262-0044
Operating Hours: 17:00 - 23:30 (Mondays to Fridays), 16:00 - 23:00 (Saturdays)
Closed on: Sundays and Public Holidays

This Japanese style pub or Izakaya, is located right in the centre of Tokyo, near Ichigaya railway station.  The pub itself is an old traditional Japanese house which amazingly survived in the middle of concrete buildings.  I was lucky to be the last solo customer to go in; I crammed into their room and got my tiny space at their counter.

They serve a bunch of very nice sake made out of pure rice (Junmaishu).  One small Japanese bottle, or Tokkuri, costs around 850 yen but if you come here on Saturday, you can pay 1,500 yen and you can drink as much as you want.  So if you have more than one Tokkuri, you will be better off buying the 1,500 yen drink set.

Their food is awesome too.  Since I was too lazy to choose my own food, I went for their Omakase, or chef's choices (3,000 yen).  Every single food they served was so nice and goes very well with Sake.

Spending my own time here is an experience and I am sure I will be back here again, maybe next week.








Comments

Popular Posts