Tokyo Ramen Museum

***** (rating 4/5)
URL: http://www.raumen.co.jp/english/
Their address can be found at the end of this article.

If you are around Shin Yokohama, this is a must visit place.  You need to pay 310 yen per adult to enter.  Although its name has the word "museum", it is not really a museum, but it has around 10 ramen restaurants as well as some shops and a couple of other types of eateries.  Their main attraction is, of course, tasty ramen noodles.  Each shop has "mini" bowl of ramen which costs you 570 yen.  I tried 4 bowls of mini ramens from different shops and I was totally full after completing them.  But I could enjoy four completely different tastes.  On Sundays, they open at 10:30 and I was there around 10:20 to find a long queue.  After entering the museum, the queues for each shop was not that bad, but as time went by, there were more and more people.  Around lunch time, we see queues everywhere.  So I suggest to go there as early as possible, and if possible, avoid a weekend.

Anyway, this is a must visit and I shall come back for other ramen that I could not try on that day.

View from outside. 

One of most popular ramen on that day. Rishiri Ramen Miraku.  It was OK but did not find it excellent.  

Rishiri Ramen Miraku, from Hokkaido.

Sumire, tasty miso ramen.  Very rich.  

A long queue to Sumire.

They create 1950s atmosphere. 







This was the best ramen I had on that day.  Ryu Shanghai Hoten.  No it is not from Shanghai, but from Yamagata, Japan.  




This is Ryu Shanghai.


The first ramen I tried on that day.  Shina Soba Ya.  Good.

Just after entering to the museum. Still empty.


Museum shop.

Long queue to enter the museum around 10:20.

Comments

Popular Posts