Oishi Pizza (Japanese???)



This flyer was put in my mailbox. I read it and was surprised by what was written on this flyer.

According to the flyer, "Oishi Pizza" (by the way, Oishi means delicious in Japanese) is "one of Japan's favourite". How come I, as Japanese, have never ever heard of "Oishi Pizza" before?

The flyer explains how a Japanese guy (the founder) went to Italy, met another Japanese lady (in 1930s or 40s...), got married, came back to Japan to start Oishi Pizza. To me, it doesn't sound real at all (of course this may be a true story though). If this story is not true, and if "Oishi Pizza" is not one of Japan's favourite as it claims, and if they are in Japan, they are in trouble with the law for giving false information in their advertisement.

By the way, on this flyer, a small cartoon kid was printed and I guess this kid is supposed to wear a Japanese kimono. Unlike trousers, kimono does not have two separate pieces but only one piece for both legs. This of course shows, at least to me, whole thing isn't Japanese...

I really want to know the truth. Is Oishi Pizza one of Japan's favorites? Is the story true?

Me? No I wouldn't buy a pizza from Oishi Pizza...

Comments

Popular Posts